Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 03:13:53 EDT
Found at the Center Ice Club meeting this past Monday was this fact
sheet (1 page).  Included were players of the week, conference
standings, scores, and the CHUSA top ten coaches poll.

I'm not a subscriber and don't know anything else, but the subscription
cost is $29.95.  Their address is CHUSA, 2932 24th St.  SE, Buffalo, MN
55313.  I assume you need a fax to receive it.  They apparently also
operate the "College Hockey Hotline", 1-900/737-GOAL, $2 for 1st minute
and $1 each additional minute.

From this issue ...

Division I Player of the Week is Brian Holzinger (2-7 in (3) games
against Miami and Ohio State).

Other "top performers": Greg Bullock (UML), Brian Bonin (Minn), Brian
Felsner (LSSU).

CHUSA Top Ten Coaches Poll

1. BU (4)           88
2. LSSU (4)         82
3. MSU (1)          64
4. Harvard          60
5. Minn             57
6. Mich (1)         53
7. CC               44
8. SCS              30
9. UNH              25
10.Clarkson         13
Others: NU, RPI, Wisc, NMU, Vermont, WMU, Maine.

- - - - - - - -

Other random thoughts ...

In some respects, the UAF/Maine series was decided by the special teams.
Maine was 8-22 (.364) on the power play while giving up only one goal in
17 UAF power play chances (.059).

On Mike Latendresse, Maine Acting NCAA Compliance Officer Tammy Light
told me this week:

   The appropriate bylaws that apply in this case are as follows:
   12.2.3.2.4.1 an d 14.3.3(a).  The athlete would only need to sit out
   of competition for one year total but he was in addition charged with
   one year loss of competition.  To answer the question on everyones'
   mind...THIS DOES NOT EFFECT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Brian mentioned Clayton Norris in the AHL ...  sounds like a combination
of Clayton Beddoes and Dwayne Norris ...  must be a heck of a player!