Sender:
From:
Dave 'Louie' LaPlant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 91 14:03:06 PST
I would first like to thank Carol and Erik for hosting/organizing the get
together(s) this weekend. I wasn't able to make it to the Thursday party, but
I did have a good time BS'ing on Saturday night. Carol didn't tell the whole
story about the beer. I brought her a beer alright, only to find out she
doesn't like beer! I offered to buy her a cocktail instead, but she had a
bottle of rum, so she decided that I upheld my end of the bargain by bringing
the beer. Carol and Erik are good people, especially considering where they're
from and which college hockey team they support :)

A hearty thumbs up to the BU fans. They made it extremely difficult to stay
faithfull to the WCHA and root for NMU. Don't read that wrong, I've got nothing
against NMU, but the BU band kept playing the Bud Song for us, and there were
about 12 BU coeds with cute accents sitting around us. Plus, when I got to the
Raddison on Saturday after the game, there were hundreds of BU fans in the
lobby partying. A group recognized me as one of the Wisconsin fans with red and
white overalls (pretty impressive since I wasn't wearing them at the time),
and filled my empty hand with a beer. Even though they had just lost one of
the most heart breaking games ever, there they were. Partying. Having a good
time. Hob-nobbing with a Cheesehead. My kind of people.

Let's see, there were a few hockey games played too, as I recall. The final
was a great game, but I'd have to agree that the 1989 game was the best I've
seen as far as hockey is concerned. Of course, the 1990 championship game was
THE best I've ever seen, but for different reasons.

So, let's not let things die on the list during the off season. I want to hear
all the Wisconsin signings, etc. I got zero (0) news of the first rounds of
the tournament from the newspapers and local tv out here in Shark country. I
wrote a letter to the newspapers and tv stations, but it probably didn't do
any good. Oh well. I guess I've babbled enough for now. Talk to ya later, and
see you all next year at the Knickerbocker.

Louie
University of Wisconsin Class of 1988
NCAA Hockey Champions 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990