Sender:
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 19:54:47 -0400
Hi.

A couple of weeks ago, someone posted the ESPN mailing address and suggested
that people write to them asking them to give more coverage to college
hockey.  Today I received a response to my letter from Teri Couch,
Viewer Response Coordinator for ESPN.  She writes:

"Thank you for your letter.  We are always interested in hearing from our
viewers.  Your comments have been forwarded to our programming department
for review.

"ESPN makes its programming decision based on a number of factors.  Most
important are viewership, as reflected by ratings and the interest from
advertisers and affiliates.  Unfortunately, those areas have not been strong
in regard to collegiate hockey.

"We do feel that college hockey is a quality sport and we will continue to
evaluate its potential for expanded television coverage.

"Again, we appreciate you taking the time to write and sharing your thoughts
with us."
(end of letter)

As has been suggested by others on the list, with the NHL on strike and ESPN
having to fill the NHL time slots, now is a great time to bombard them with
letters about televising college hockey or posting the scores from the games.

        ESPN's address:      ESPN, Inc.
                             ESPN Plaza
                             Bristol, CT 06010-7454
        Phone: (203) 585 2000