Sender:
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 91 13:20:20 EST
 I see that Erik has posted a few comments about our successful Hockey-L party
 and I thought I would add a couple of notes. Also at the Party was James
 Bradshaw from Clemson University, who also visited the Twin Cities last July
 for the Olympic Festival. Tim from the Clarkson band was also there (Erik
 couldn't remember the name, and I'm not sure of his last name). All those
 lucky H-L people had name tags with their e-mail addresses on them. This was
 quite a hit too! A great time was had by all in attendance. We definitely
 should plan on doing this at every Nationals, it's fun to finally have a few
 "faces" to go along with the names!

 Another person that stopped by on Saturday was Tom Kirkman from St. John's
 University (near St. Cloud, MN) who is a Badger fan.

 On Saturday night a few of the Clarkson band members ( Ted, Bob, Tim, Eric and
 ??) tried to get our section and theirs to do the "tastes great -- less
 filling" cheer. We were not successful at that, but managed to wave back and
 forth several times. Also, Bob and Ted went over and played with the NMU band
 in the third period. They did a rousing rendition of the Flinstone's theme
 song, complete with dancing!! Great Tubas guys!!

 There was a smaller gathering on Saturday night and in attendance were James
 from Clemson, "Uncle" Jack Skarda (uncle of former UM defenseman Randy
 Skarda), Louie LaPlant, and my girlfriend Kathy. I did give Louie a really bad
 time for missing the Thursday night soiree and reminded him that everyone
 would know whether he came through on his promise to "buy me a beer". Well, he
 did make good on his word and brought a beer with him! We all had a very
 interesting evening trading hockey stories and rehashing the tournament games.
 The party broke up around 3:30 am.

 On Friday evening a few of us went out to dinner with a few of the Clarkson
 band people and had a good time at Shannon Kelly's bar/restaurant. Eric, who
 plays the trombone was there as were Ted and Bob.

 We enjoyed the Clarkson band and those from the band that we met. Some of the
 former UM band people who I sit with in the Civic Center, had only good things
 to say about the Clarkson band. They liked your enthusiasm and spirit. The
 band also were "cheer leaders" for their section and they kept it up till the
 bitter end. A very admirable performance. Our only disappointment was that THE
 Jeremy Hall was not in attendance.

 I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, if I did it was not intentional. I am
 looking forward to some other reports from those who were there. And if you
 didn't make it to the party -- YOU REALLY MISSED A FUN TIME!!!

 I am looking forward to being able to tape the re-play of the game on ESPN
 this Thursday afternoon, so I can see all the goals that were scored at the
 other end of the arena. All the games were blacked-out in the Twin Cities
 metro area. Thank goodness I was there! *:-)

 Congratulations Wildcats! Thanks for keeping the WCHA on the top of the heap!!
 To all you Boston University fans, all of us here in Minnesota KNOW EXACTLY
 how you feel. All the teams were great! It truly was a championship with FOUR
 excellent teams.

 Carol White
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!