Sender:
From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 1994 05:33:04 -0400
I received the Spring 1994 issue of "Rensselaer LET'S GO RED!," the RPI
sports booster newsletter, yesterday.  There were four short articles
pertaining to hockey.  Most was old news to those who read Hockey-L.
One article discussed the incoming recruits for next year -- all of
this has been posted.  A second article mentioned next year's captain
and assistant captains (isn't alternate the correct word?).  It did
state that Adam Bartell was going to be the 97th student athlete to
captain the Rensselaer hockey team.  This number seems somewhat high.
A third article discussed the fact that RPI was considering joining
Hockey East -- again old information.

The last article is titled "Majic, Little Ink Pro Contracts".  It has
already been mentioned that Neil Little signed with the Flyers and
played part of one game with Hershey.  However, I did not not know
that Xavier Majic was turning pro.  To quote (without permission)
"Majic, a Vancouver Canuck (NHL) draftee, was released by the pro team
allowing the Montreal Canadiens to sign him to a contract for next
season.  Majic's contract is a reported one-year agreement with an
option for the second season."

Note to John H:  You can add to your booster publication file that
for further info re "Rensselaer LET'S GO RED!" one should call or write
Bob Wygant, executive director, Alumni Sports & recreation Center,
Rensselaer, Troy, NY 12180-3590, (518) 276-6563.  Also the name of the
puiblication is now "Rensselaer LET'S GO RED!" (with Renseelaer in
italics) instead of just "LET'S GO RED!".  I guess we are not the only
RED team around.  :-).

Ralph Baer   RPI '68, '70, '74