Sender:
From:
"Douglas J. DeAngelis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 91 07:40:39 EST
Well, I guess I get to be one of the first to provide commentary on the
seedings.

So much for the idea that the tournament doesn't mean any more in the
seedings than any other game...how else does one explain BU in front
of BC?  Don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed that it *did* happen, I just
can't quite figure out how.

But given that the tournament seemed to have an effect in the east,
I'm rather surprised that they chose to announce the seeds *before*
the NMU/Minnesota game.  If you ask me, the selection people have been
reading Keith's rating in the back room and just don't want to admit
it.  I think a post tournament look at TCHCR will actually make the seedings
look reasonable.

Just in case any of you Golden Gopher fans are interested, I probably
have a floor you can sleep on while you're in Orono (assuming you make
it past Providence; no easy task in itself...).  I figure the two
second round series in the East will be real thrashes. I was not
particularly impressed by the play of Maine or BU in the finals of HE.
And watching the CCHA final on TV was positively frightening.  Why do
these guys always look better on TV?

-patiently awaiting mike's rationalization