Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 13:14:53 -0500
I would like to ask for comments dealing with the rink at Merrimack
College - the Volpe Complex.  While a new rink appears not to be a
reasonable possibility, there are still many improvements that can be
made to the current building as well as improvements in the way
maintenance of the rink is handled.

There are a very few places on campus where the school is made visible
to the community, and the rink is one of them (the chapel being another).
We believe that with the current rink, Merrimack is not putting its best
foot forward, and we'd like to change that as best we can.  One way we
hope to do this is to illustrate to the administration the perception
that visitors - fans, coaches, players - have of Merrimack's rink and how
it might affect their perception of the school itself if at all. Specific
examples of your experience would be welcome, as will either a few lines
or a few pages.  I know there are many people on HOCKEY-L who have
attended games at Merrimack in one capacity or another, and I hope to
hear from as many of you as possible.

I would like to forward all comments I receive to the Acting President,
Mr Richard Santagati.  Other Merrimack alumni have also been sending
letters, but I hope that this will be something additional I can provide.
So, if you send me something you would NOT like forwarded or would NOT
like your name associated with, please let me know.  This way I will
not have to verify this with each message I receive, although I plan
to acknowledge each one.

Thanks in advance, I feel optimistic that this can have a positive
effect.  We feel that Merrimack hockey is about to make a significant
move upwards over the next few seasons, and it only makes sense that
the rink should come along for the ride.

- mike, Merrimack '91
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93