Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 10:42:58 -0500
Charlie Shub writes:
>Will this keep CC out of the playoffs?  They've been in the top 10 all
>year long and won the WCHA regular season.

I think it could.  Looking at the RPICH rating, CC rates 14th overall
and 8th in the West.  They were 2-0 vs Minnesota, but 1-3 vs Wisconsin
and 1-3 vs NMU.  It's likely that Minnesota's bid won't be in danger
(they're rated 5th), but CC would certainly appear to lose out to NMU
& Wisconsin even though CC finished ahead of them in the WCHA - not to
mention the 4 CCHA teams who all rate ahead of CC right now.

>The talk on the radio was that by winning the regular season and the
>McNaughton trophy, CC was guaranteed a playoff spot.

Absolutely not...Harvard won the ECAC regular season title in 1992 but
was not rated highly; they failed to win the ECAC tourney and did not
get a bid.  CC might be all done even if there are no upsets the rest of
the way.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93