Sender:
From:
"Campbell, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 1994 11:23:54 EST
My seats in Lakeview Arena are on an angle with the opposing team's net
for two periods of play and we have an excellent view of the net when
play is at our end of the ice.  I think the Tech goalie is one of the
best in the country this year and he is nothing short of great at
stopping the puck.  But the puck slid by the goalie who turned and
swept the net off the moorings-players crashing into the net had nothing
to do with it.
I was pretty disgusted at the lack of sportsmanship demonstrated at the
game - Peca from Tech's team, entered the gate to the team's bench area
and repeatedly opened and slammed the gate until his coach waved at him
desist.  And I have never seen a player attempt to take a swing at a
at a referee.
Maybe Christensen was looking for another series like the one played at
Sullivan Arena in Anchorage - it appears he got it and called penalties
accordingly. Laura Campbell