From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 1994 09:34:18 -0500
Well if the planes are flying yet, the Huskies leave for the Balmy tropics
of Alaska today.  Should be a break for the Huskies as the they will see a 50+
degree warmup in temps! ;-)  Anchorage was in the mid 20's yesterday.  We
currently sit (at my house) at -24 with a -60 wind chill.  Yes MTU is the only
place in the civilized world in 3 states that decided to defy mother nature
and remain open today...  My car is being towed to the shop (it hasn't started
in 3 days) and I had to use a hair dryer on the ignition switch, to get it
warm enough just to turn the key!

The Huskie hope to break an 0 for Alaska Jinx this weekend and try to climb
back into the WCHA hunt.  A tough thing for them to do, seeing as how they only
 have 5 remaining home games.

Mancini has gone to rotating his goalies the last 2 weeks and Carravaggio (sorry
even I can't spell it yet) has done well, allowing only 2 goals in his last 2
starts.  A shutout of Duluth and  2-1 loss at Minn.

Welll here's hoping both the Huskies and this damn weather warm real soon!

Never thought I'd be woried that it would be too cold for Winter Carnival! ;-)

Bob