From:
Jeff Billman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Billman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 1994 15:29:00 EST
>>The ushers at Bowling Green are mostly members of the ROTC program. I
>>have nothing against ROTC (I don't want to start a war here), but some of
>>the ushers were definately jerks!

Some, not all.  I've actually found most of them to be pretty nice.  Then
again, maybe it's because I know quite a few people in BGSU ROTC. (grin)

>>It seemed they were on some sort of
>>power trip because they got to wear orange jackets that said "event
>>staff" (or something like that), and tell us not to beat on the glass when
>>members of the opposing team skated by.

Students all over BGSU, and probably everywhere else as well, love to be
^&$%!@&* when they finally get the chance to be in control of even the most
minute of university operations.  After being screwed over by every other
department day in and day out, this is somewhat of a normal reaction.  Not
to say that these other departments are, by nature, mean; they suffer from
the same syndrome.  It's a vicious cycle.

In regards to "not beating on the glass", where do you sit?  People sitting
around me (and, admittedly, myself as well) do it all the time, and I'm yet
to hear word one about it from the orangecoats.  One time the glass was
shaking so much that fellow fans stopped the shakers from shaking the glass
for fear that the glass would break & disrupt the game.  The ushers,
meanwhile, were enjoying the game from the aisle oblivious to (or just
plain not caring) what was going on.

|Jeff Billman               |"I was hooked on phonics"    |
[log in to unmask]      |    -6 year old former addict|
|Bowling Green State Univ.  |-----------------------------|
|Bowling Green, OH          |   Just say no to phonics    |
|Other info by request.     |     Call 1-800-ZYXWVUT      |