From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 1994 00:40:00 -0500
Forwarded message:
 Bob Mancini shook up his lineup and inserted freshman Luciano Caravaggio
 into the nets tonight to try and jump start the huskies.  You would have
 thought that Jamie Ram would be dissapointed, but he was all over the bench leaing the cheering trying to fire up the huskies.  They came out with more pop
 in their step than last night (altho as Walt described, it wouldn't take
 much to accomplish that) and for the first time in a long time, the huskies
 didn't have to figth from bahind, and actually outshot UMD for the first
 2 periods.  Carravaggio withstood a furious UMD rally in the beginning of the
 3rd period and went onto post his first Huskie win and His first Career
 shutout.  I don't think I've ever seen a happier kid, as he awas when the final buzzer went off,  he raised both hands in the air and just waited for his
 teammates to mob him.  One of the first to congratulate him was Jamie Ram.

 Buzzy was in class form tonight and gave us all a good laugh, in the third
 period, as a Huskie was Dumped in front of the UMD net Buzzy raised his arm 1/2
 way up leaving it pointing straight out for 10 seconds or so, completely
 confusing everyone as he put it back down and then gave the washout signal.
 I think it took him a little longer to toss the coin in his head than usual!
 ;-)  anyway the whole section around me got a good laugh out of a classic
 Buzzy move.

 The Huskies travel to Minn next week to face the Gophers..  Wish we were
 coming with them Erik, Carol and Pam...

 Bob