From:
Arthur Mintz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur Mintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 1994 08:42:32 -0500
Game played January 7, 1994 at Lynah Rink, Ithaca, NY

Union   2  2  2 - 6
Cornell 0  1  1 - 2

Period 1
========
Scoring
-------
 517 U Stevens (Boyd, Monteith) ppg
1147 U Ford (Monteith, Goulet)

Penalties
---------
 030 C Lopatka (elbowing)
 354 C S. Wilson (high-sticking)
1522 U Reckin (tripping)

Period 2
========
Scoring
-------
 708 C Bumstead (Chartrand, Drouin)
1421 U Ford (Goulet, Simonton) ppg, gwg
1709 U Prentice (Sicinski, Donovan)

Penalties
---------
 219 U Sicinski (hooking)
1249 C Papp (slashing)
1728 U Will (holding)

Period 3
========
Scoring
-------
 334 U Donovan (Thompson, Will) ppg
1044 U Ford (Stevens, Monteith) ppg
1726 C Auger (C. Wilson)

Penalties
---------
 307 C Kendall (interference)
 521 C Auger (roughing)
 615 U Will (hooking)
 822 U Simonton (roughing)
 822 C Chartrand (roughing)
1011 C Dufresne (roughing)
1535 U Monteith (holding)
1621 C Sancimino (cross-checking)
1826 C Sancimino (cross-checking)

Saves: Gallant, U     9 15 12 - 36
       Bandurski, C  11 10 11 - 32

Power play: Union 4 x 8, Cornell 0 x 5
Attendance: 2861
Officials: Joe Kelly (R), Dan Murphy (R), Mike Andrews (L)

Comments
========
From the Cornell point of view, the highlight of this game came when a man
in his seventies won a ring in the between-periods puck-shooting contest.
Union came ready to play and, except for the first half of the second
period, thoroughly dominated the game. Gallant played well in goal for the
Dutchmen. The shots on goal were even, 38-38, the first time in recent
memory that Cornell hasn't been outshot in a game. It didn't help. Possibly
the worst performance by a Cornell team that I can remember, and I've been
watching them 27 years.