From:
Ben Cloutier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Cloutier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1993 10:05:57 EST
I disagree with Ryan about the goals that were not allowed.  I was
sitting on the goal line in the balcony and the first two disallowed
should have counted I think.

The first one was disallowed because the whistle was supposedly blown
before the puck went in the net.  WRONG!  The puck was in the back of
net when the whistle sounded.  I have an e-mail to me that agrees with
that.

The second goal was tucked in the net right behind the goal line next to
the pipe.  The ref that called that one was shielded by players and the
puck would not have been visible from his vantage point becuase of his
placement.  The whole puck was pinned behind the line by the goalie.

The third dis-goal was a good call as it slid under the pipe as it came
off the moorings.

Those are the views from section FF of Alfond Arena.

Ben