From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1993 15:25:00 PST
I'll jump in where Steve Phillips left off, but I don't have much to add
(nor will I speculate, because that took me down the toilet last time).

Jeff Jackson returned to LSSU as Head Hockey Coach *and* Athletic Director,
AD being his new responsibility.  (Actually, he never fully "left".  My
understanding is that he was still in Sault Ste Marie pulling things
together when he decided to stay.  I.e. he hadn't relocated to Hartford
yet.)

Another notable off-season move at LSSU was naming Scott Monoghan (sp?) as
Assistant Athletic Director in addition to his role as Sports Information
Director.

I believe Monoghan's promotion came after Jackson's, so I *will* speculate a
little.  Jackson and Monoghan have always appeared to work well together.
 Speaking for myself, if I was going to be the new boss it would be an added
incentive for me if I could step in and name my right-hand-man.  From the
outside looking in, it's a win-win situation.  They both get promotions,
Monoghan gets a more permanent/stable position and each will be working
side-by-side with someone they already have a good rapport with.

Lastly, without intending to slight my friends Greg Patterson (UMich) and
Jim Seavey (MC), I have to say that Monoghan's LSSU Media Guide is the best
that I've seen.

  John H
  U Mich