From:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol S White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1993 22:31:36 CST
This afternoon, Mike and Heather tied the knot. Congratulations are in order!
They are one of two couples who actually met via the Hockey-L list. The other
couple who were married about a month ago, are William Sangrey and the former
Lisa Sweeney. One BIG difference is that William and Lisa were at the same
college (Cornell) and in the same city. Mike and Heather started out many,
many miles apart.

Two years ago Heather Neely was the student manager for the Div. 3 Plattsburgh
men's varsity hockey team. At the end of the season when Plattsburgh captured
the Div. 3 NC$$ title, Mike sent Heather a congratulatory message. THAT'S how
it really started! ;-)

Messages flew back and forth between Syracuse, NY and Salem, NH. Then the
phone calls began. Hours and hours of phone calls! ;-) Then the decision to
meet. Things *clicked* and the rest is history.

Now, if you are wondering how *I* know all about this, I was in the thick of
it from the beginning. Having exchanged messages with Mike on a regular basis,
 of course he mentioned that there was a female on the list that he was
interested in. He even went so far as having me try and guess who it was!
I figured it couldn't be that hard, there weren't *that* many of us on the
list back then...but I never did figure it out. When I did finally know who
it was, I then exchanged messages with Heather, and we had some fun ganging up
on Mike occasionally! ;-)

It was really fun listening in on the developing relationship and I'm happy
that everything worked out with a fairy tale ending.

May happiness and many hockey pucks follow them the rest of their lives.

-Carol

Carol S. White                            BITNET: c-whit@uminn1
University of Minnesota        internet:[log in to unmask]
Office of the Registrar
(612) 625-8517                                    GO Gophers!!!