From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1993 04:06:20 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Smith
says:

>"I felt they must have seen my transcript and that I failed a course.
>Maybe I should have taken it upon myself to check.  But I thought those
>credits would count." said Ingraham, who did not become concerned about
>those lost credits because nobody told him there was a problem.

"...I thought those credits would count."

When I read that in the BDN yesterday afternoon I couldn't believe it.
Any time a student fails a course he/she receives no credit. What was
Cal thinking?!

After reading more about the situation, I now agree with the NCAA's
decision to suspend Ingraham for 14 games. A rule is a rule is a
rule. However, I disagree with Maine's having to forfeit the 14 games
Ingraham played in that semester. Of course, the forfeits mean noth-
ing because it was two seasons ago. It doesn't make sense to do that.

Ryan Robbins
Stodder Hall
University of Maine