From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 91 15:49:10 -0700
> From: Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Hockey East, 1/23/91
> To: Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L <[log in to unmask]>
>
> [ lots deleted ]
>
>     Other scores from last night (don't have the AF-CC score yet):
>
>          Cornell             3 at Colgate             2 EC
>          Air Force             at Colorado College      NC
>          Kent State          6 at Ohio State          4 NC

The afa cc score was
AFA 1 0 0   1
CC  1 2 0   3

I felt the first CC goal late in the 1st period to tie was a gift of Referee
Jim Burlew who seemed inconsistent. My biggest gripe was after seeing the AF
goalie leveled 3 or 4 times, Burlew called a minor bump on an AFA power play
(apparently) to even things up. The 1st cc goal came on a delayed penalty to AF
although it seemed to me (and a player was quoted in the paper as feeling) that
AF had gotten temporary control of the puck and the play should have been
whistled at that point.  CC's go ahead goal was an excellent drop pass and the
goaltender was beaten or screened from the top of the left circle.  The third
goal came a minute later, combination of let down and being caught with needing
a line change.  Many AF cadets made the 40 minute drive down to the "world
arena" (i'd personally call it the world's worst arena) and clearly dominated
the crowd. Lots of shoving and pushing after the whistle kept the linesmen
busy.  On coincidental roughing penalties with less than 2 minutes in the first
(i think) period AF's player was escorted off the ice to go to the locker room.
Then CC's player was escorted to go down the same hallway.  Scant secnds later,
both linesmen took off on a dead run down the hallway.  The CC player ended up
with an additional 10 minute misconduct after the linesmen returned.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  ..!{ucar|nbires}!boulder!cdash
  or even     cdash@colospgs (BITNET)     -or-  (719) 593-3492