From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1993 09:01:33 EST
From the National Almost-Recognition Department:  Check out the February 15th
_Sports Illustrated_, in which college hockey is mentioned not once, but
*twice*.  In their "Scorecard" section, they decry the crummy officiating in
the NHL and suggest that "The NHL should allow two officials to call penal-
ties, the system used in college hockey."  And one of their "Faces in the
Crowd" is the University of Maine's Cal Ingraham, the Division I leader in
goals scored.  This might be a good omen for Maine -- as I recall, the last
time "Faces in the Crowd" spotlighted college hockey players was in 1991, when
they listed three players from Northern Michigan.  The Wildcats went on to win
the NC$$ championship that year.
--
Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and probably '94        |  [log in to unmask]