Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1992 10:00:20 EDT
Comments about the west regional being in Detroit and the lack of fan support
brought to my mind the NC$$ quarterfinal series in Ann Arbor two years ago.  At
the time, we Cornell fans in Yost were amazed that the games were not sold out.
We could not understand how an on campus site could not be filled for that type
of a game.  Anywhere else, especially in our conference or HE, would have been
filled to the rafters with more people than the fire marshal would have liked.
In retrospect, maybe that was just systematic of the lack of a large hockey fan
base in Michigan.  But be that as it may, we are stuck with the regional at Joe
Louis, and can only hope that next year we either get a better location for the
 regional, or go back to campus sites with packed houses and rabid crowds.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'9?
Let's Go RED!!!