From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2014 08:56:55 -0500
At 09:29 PM 11/15/2014 -0500, Sara Fagan wrote:
>St. Lawrence defeated Cornell, 4-2.
>Penalties seemed to pay a big part of this game.  The Saints were 1-6 on
>the power play and The Big Red was 2-8.  As the game ended both teams came
>together and some punches were thrown.  The handshake line was not all
>hugs and kisses.  Penalties were assessed at the end of the game but were
>not announced.

For St. Lawrence, Gunnar Hughes picked up two majors for spearing and
fighting, plus two DQs.  Chris Martin got a fighting major and DQ, plus a
misconduct.

For Cornell, Matt Buckles and Holden Anderson both got fighting majors and
DQs, plus a misconduct.

All the other skaters on the ice got roughing minors and misconducts.

I think this means that Hughes sits for the next three games.

205 total penalty minutes in the game, 179 of them after the game ended.  I
don't think 205 is an ECAC record for most penalty minutes in a game, but
it's gotta be top five.
--
Bill Fenwick                                                 DJF   5/27/94
Cornell '86 and '95                                          JCF   12/2/97