From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1992 14:21:00 CST
From the Minneapolis Star Tribune, 2/23/92:

   "The WCHA structure committee recommended that Alaska-Anchorage be
admitted to the league as an affiliate member for 1992-93 tournament
play.
   "The committee also recommended that Alaska-Anchorage be granted full
WCHA membership beginning with the 1993-94 season.  Members will vote
on the recommendation April 24."

*** END OF QUOTE ***

No details were reported on what "affiliate" means, but I think it's safe
to presume that it is similar to Alaska-Fairbanks' affiliate membership in
the CCHA, in which it will participate in next year's CCHA tournament.  I
hope that the league votes to give UAA full membership, but I don't think
it's a sure thing.

-- Erik