From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 16:44:42 -0600
> Date:         Thu, 28 May 1998 17:45:09 -0400
> From: "Larry Haag, Eastman Kodak Co., Rochester, NY" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Lacrosse-Hockey

Chris Lerch wrote...

> I think one area where college hockey can learn a lot fron lacrosse is the way
> they handle their national tournament. All three NCAA divisions hold their
> championships at the same location last weekend. The D-I semis were held on
> Saturday, the D-III and D-II championship games held on Sunday, and then the
> D-I title game on Monday (Memoria Day).

Larry Haag replied...

> >I'd be interested in the opinion of folks on the list who regularly attend the
> >NCAAs. Would you go see the extra games if they were included in the price of
> >your D-I tickets?

this one's a no brainer.
Round trip air fare ... $400    40%
Motel 4 nights      ... $400    40%
Food                ... $100    10%
Ticket              ... $100    10%
other ticket        ...  $50     5%

The cost of the ticket is insignificant

> I'd imagine that many of those attending the D-I Hockey championships would
> attend one or two more hockey games, especially if they are NCAA Finals.  When
> the Phinal Phour was in St. Paul a few years ago, several hockey-l people went
> to a St. Paul Vulcan's game, but we hockey-l-er's are pretty strange...  But,
> do you really think the NC$$ would "include" two more games in the current
> pricing???  I'm not sure a lot of people would want to dish out an additional
> $40 - $50.  If I'm there, I'd probably pay a little extra, but having
> additional games would not be a factor in deciding whether or not to attend the
> Championships.
>

>               Larry

         charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
(719) 262-3492      (fax) 262-3369          http://www.cs.uccs.edu/~cdash