From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J. Burton
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:54:01 -0600
                         THE SIN-BIN
                     By Eric J. Burton
                 The "Fabulous Sports Goon"
 Http://members.tripod.com/~unvarnished_truth/sinbin/sinbin.html

        Wanle$$

        A little more than a week after the US women's team wins the gold
in Nagano Japan UND athletic director Terry Wanle$$ has taken it upon his
self to decide that the University of North Dakota will not have women's
hockey. Wanle$$ was quoted in the paper as saying that UND will not have
Women's hockey until the state of North Dakota has a girls high school
hockey program in place. Even though there are only 5 players from ND on
the men's ice hockey team. That is comical and pathetic, and vintage
Wanle$$. Women's hockey made great strides during the last couple of years.
However, the college that Won the NCAA tourney will not sponser a woman's
hockey team because there are no offical girls high school teams in the
state. Why not give the girls a dream to shoot for? I would like to see a
player from UND Womens Hockey in the 2002 Olypic games in Salt Lake City Utah.
Notice I didn't say from what country or state. Here is your chance folks.
Write the UND athletic director at [log in to unmask] and tell
him how you feel about this.

        Ice Chips

*I miss quoted Mark Cullen's accomplishments. Last week I said he was
playing in the NHL with the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, however, Marks brother
Matt Cullen is one that is playing with the Ducks. Mark Cullen is
currently hurt but will resume playing with the USHL Fargo Moorhead Ice
Sharks shortly, maybe this weekend. Before Cullen was hurt the Ice Sharks
were in first place, shortly after his injury the Ice Sharks took a nose
dive in the standings. Look for Mark Cullen to make a big contribution in
the WCHA next year. Cullen goes into the corners and has the touch to
score a lot of goals. The kid can play.

*At an Ice Sharks Game a couple of weeks ago I heard a few NDSU fans talking
about how fun it would be to have a college hockey team. I agree, could
you imagine UND and NDSU playing a game against each other that had sticks.
Now that would be exciting. Maybe they could hire Rocky Hager to coach
the team. :@) I think it is time that the city of Fargo made the proper
arrangements to field a NCAA division one hockey team. It would only be
good for the two schools.

*congratulations to UND for winning at least a tie for the MacNaughton Cup,
barring any lapses in play the Sioux should win the title outright by
gains one point in the last four games.

        Predictions...

SCSU and Wisconsin this should be a great series that will most likely
determine where these two teams end up in the final standings. Look for a
lot of penalties, as these two teams play to a split. I would love
to see this series. The Great Dane should be rocking this weekend.
With or without beers sales. Prediction Bud is not the beer of choice.

UND and UMD this should be a good series I would say look for a split as UND
brings home the MacNaughton Cup. However, the Sioux Hockey Team should
not get cocky this weekend, because if the Sioux play bad they will get
stroked for 2 games, UMD has played well the second half of the
season and plays tough at home. UMD will prove to be a tough team to face
for the first round of the WCHA play-offs. This is a good hockey team.

U of Minnesota against C.C. Both teams have had less that great seasons look for
the real Minnesota and C.C. teams to show up this weekend. I say C.C.
sweeps in two hard fought games. However, I could be wrong.
ask Erik Biever :@)

Denver and A.A. If I could tell the A.A. coach anything I would tell him
to scrap his game plan and let the Seawolves play. The trap is dead, it
doesn't work. You need to have a red line to have an effective trap. I
say Denver and A.A. play to two 0-0 ties. :@)

MTU and MSU (Mankato) the Mavericks will  fly into Houghton with upset on their mind
look for MSU to be fired up as they continue to make a case for their
WCHA membership application. However, MTU will sweep.

Have a good weekend and remember get your tickets for the WCHA homes
series and Final Five...