Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:22:38 -0900
Due to my ignorance of the "technical" rules of hockey I will rely
solely on my enjoyment and observation of the game to reply to this
thread.

It's interesting that this question has arisen, only because just two
weeks ago I asked a friend of mine, who will remain nameless, and who
plays for the CCHA, the same question.

He responded that there are these safety rules that y'all speak of, but
as a general rule among the players it's considered a "gentleman's rule"
not to make rough, physical plays toward the goalie. And as I'm sure
you've all noticed teams are very protective of their goalies when
someone attempts to bend the gentleman's rule.

I do notice people in the crowd commenting and getting upset with the
fact that goalies do seem to get away with more than the offensive and
defensive players. I have just settled to the fact that it's just one
those things that happens, kind of like when a ref calls a lousy game.
There's not much you can do but scream and yell about it, doesn't mean
he's going to take back all of his lousy calls. Even with all the
frustration, that's what makes this game so much fun my friends and I.

Enough said.

Thread on.

Binky

@--$---
Why get married and make one man miserable when I can stay single and
make thousands miserable. -- Carrie Snow