From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1992 08:43:06 EST
In Monday night ECAC action, Harvard defeated Colgate in overtime, 5-4, in
Colgate's first home game since the death of head coach Terry Slater.  This
is the third straight game between the two teams that has gone into OT --
they skated to a 5-5 tie at Starr Rink last February, and the Crimson won a
9-8 shootout in December of 1990.

Harvard built up a 4-2 lead by the third period, but Colgate winger Sam
Raffoul put the game into OT by scoring twice, at the 8:08 mark and then on
the power play 1:23 later.  However, Harvard's Brad Konik got the game-winner
with 1:18 left.  Colgate goalie Shawn Murray recorded 26 saves on the night,
while Harvard's Allain Roy stopped 22 shots.
--
Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and probably '94        |  [log in to unmask]