Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 14:56:06 -0600
Chris Farley wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Pamela Sweeney wrote:
>
> > Wisconsin 3
> > Minnesota 4
> >
> > Daubenspeck kept the Badgers in this one, as Minnesota outshot Wisconsin
> > 62-23 (46-8 after two periods)
>         Here is one Reason I find the Badgers to be very dangerous, sound
> like he was got to early.....The badgers are going to be a tough draw for
> the team that gets them.

I'll disagree with this assessment, having just gotten done watching the
weekend series.  Wisconsin played with a lot more heart tonight than
they did last night (I'll post some thoughts on the game tomorrow), but
they have so many injuries that there was nothing left for the third
period.  Minnesota went from being down 2-1 after two to win 7-3.  The
last ten minutes were completely owned by the Gophers.  Granted, they
really came to life after going ahead, which was closely followed by the
announcement that Denver was up 4-0 on North Dakota.  Still, the Badgers
ran out of gas.  Even if Daubenspeck is spectacular (and he couldn't
possibly be any better than he was Friday, when the Gophers attempted
*94* shots), I do not see them as being able to win at Denver or
Colorado Springs, whichever team they play depending upon the
tiebreakers.

J. Michael Neal