From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:50:29 -0500
Andrew notes that Clarkson has been surprised in each of the past 3 SF's.

If you want a similar situation, note Cornell's performance in the 89-92
ECACs.  In 89 they were bombed by an admittedly superior SLU squad, but
then in 90 they fell to red hot Neil Little's RPI team, and in 91 they lost
on g*ddamn*d Dan Laperrier's double-screen from the blue line in o.t.,
capping another inspired underdog's comeback upset.  In 92, when they were
a decided underdog against Clarkson, they finally came up on top (god bless
Tyler McManus in double o.t.), then lost the title game to SLU.  (We really
hated SLU there for a while).

So, if you think history is repeating itself, Clarkson needs to be an
underdog in the SF.  I don't think that's gonna happen, since they've sewn
up 2nd place at the worst.

Friday night should be interesting.  Who knows -- since the pressure for
the title seems to be "off" Clarkson, it may wind up being a much better
played (less stressed out) game.

 - Greg