From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 06:59:52 -0500
since there are injuries even with full body protection, then we should
just get rid of some of it in order to make the players more scared so
they won't do the things they do now, right?

Wrong.  The # of potential injuries that good equipment saves is
incredible.  What we need to do is much simpler -- have refs make the
calls, and increase the penalities for certain stupid moves.  If they were
REALLY serious about avoiding injuries, boarding and checking would carry
suspensions.  Kneeing would too.  It's all very simple.

---
University of Cincinnati Medicine Class of 2000
University of Michigan Class of 1995
http://www.biology.lsa.umich.edu/~erickin
University of Michigan -- 1996 NCAA Hockey Champions!