From:
"Lerch,Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lerch,Chris
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 07:33:06 PDT
College Hockey has lost a friend and a vocal supporter.  Based on
 things I've heard about Tom, I'm convinced that he was instrumental in
 getting ESPN to begin broadcasting the Division I Finals years ago.
 His enthusiasm was infectious when doing hockey play-by-play,
 especially college. I know that some may not agree, but Mees and
 Norton have been the broadcasters that I have enjoyed and admired most
 in my years of watching hockey on television. To have them together
 doing the Final Four for the last few years has been a real treat.
 Even if I was at the games, I always made sure my VCR at home was set
 to record their play-by-play and comments.

I had the pleasure of briefly meeting Tom in Cincinnati last year.
 Upon reading my press pass (US College Hockey Magazine), he was
 sincerely interested in learning more about the magazine - I could
 sense that this guy was a true fan.

Check out http://espnet.sportszone.com/editors/gen/news/960814mees.html
 for more information, including a nice piece by Tom Olbermann.

Chris Lerch