From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 14:42:10 EST
Although it was disappointing to lose to Colorado College, Lowell fans had to
be pleased with the way that the team turned a slow start this year into an
NC$$ appearance and a game in the quarters.

In a real surprise, the Lowell game was the LEAD story on the front page of
the Sports section in the Boston Globe.  Great news for college hockey...

I found it interesting that despite their loss, they still had three players
named to the All-Tournament team: goalie Martin Fillion, defenseman Dave
Barrozino, and forward Brendan Concannon.

It was also gratifying to read a non-Lowell post that indicated that despite
no evidence of Colorado College or Providence fans, UML did have some
presence out there.  Apparently the rumors of two buses going from Lowell to
East Lansing were overstated.  One full bus was the reality, in addition, of
course, to those who flew and drove themselves.  Since we finished
fourth in fan attendance and had the toughest opponent (i.e. distance to
travel) I would assume that Lowell makes a big move up in next years new
category for the PWR rankings, namely fan attendance.  :-)

DaveH
Go BU, Vermont, and Michigan!