From:
George Costanza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Costanza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:42:17 -0600
Well, it would appear that most of the hockey-l group is expecting UW to
win the series this weekend without much of a problem.  I disagree (and
for those of you that think I am saying this because I go to UND..read my
post about last Saturday's game).
        Obviously UW has the hot hand, but much of that is due to
Daubenspek (sorry about the spelling) and his incredible goaltending.  I
seem to recall two goalies named DeBus and Moen who were in the UND/ UM
series and how everyone was saying that they were the greatest goalies in
a long time.  (Didn't someone say that it was like having Belfour and
Richter on your team).  Needless to say, both of the goalies had a
sub-par performance up here, and consequently UND won both of those
games.  I feel that over-all UND is a much more balanced team then UW and
is more physically conditioned to play 60 (or 90) minutes of rough
hockey. Another factor that lies in UND's favor is 'revenge' for the
series in Madison.  All of the Sioux players have been talking about
wanting to play UW again after a poor showing in Wisconsin.
 The only big question for UND will be goaltending.  If Kvalevog
has a good series, UND should be in real good shape.  So, here are my
predictions:

First, if UND's goaltending is good:
UND wins the first two.
Second, average UND goaltending:
2-1 in favor of UND
Questionable goaltending:
UW wins it in 2

Over-all prediction:
UND wins in three:

        If nothing else, I am glad to see more hockey up here in GFK!
        Oh, one last thing, if any UW fans (or UND fans) are going to be
at the game, and would like to stop by and say hi, I will be in section
G, row 12, seat 7 or 8 (which is right at center ice for those of you
who have not been to a game up here).
                                                        CBell
<<<<<<Coming soon...Sienfeld trivia on my plan>>>>>>>