From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 13:26:41 -0700
I just accessed the Troy Record sports pages of yesterday (Fri) and there
were comments on the then-upcoming RPI games at Union t the effect that
they were going to search people for suspicious looking bulges (no comment
:-) and toss them out if they found them throwing things on the ice.
Since Jayson Moy estimates 300 oranges were thrown, was anyone thrown out?
Sounds like they may import people from the Giants games in the
Meadowlands :-)

The article mentions that the origin of this is unknown.  Anyone?

Shouldn't it maybe be sour grapes?  At any rate, I agree with Jayson and
most others, this kind of stuff should be stopped.  Oranges sound even
dangerous ... shall we calculate the speed of one thrown from .. naaahh!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

Dept of Physics
Cal Poly SLO -- Mens' basketball on the rise at 10-9 and no longer
anywhere near the 305th and last place!