From:
"Barkan, Jon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barkan, Jon
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 17:56:00 PST
OK kids,

Let's calm down with Maine and BU garbage...........I know last night's game
was huge.....but when I looked at my calendar this morning it still said
NOVEMBER!!!!!

I know, from reading many notes of which conference is the best, that the
people in the east think they're superior and the people in the west think
the people in the east are a bunch of "Eastern Snobs!"

Well the bottom line is that there are a ton of great hockey teams in this
great land of our.....some on the east coast and some in the west......

Look at the Polls for the proof......BU, Maine, Vermont.......Michigan,
Colorado, Minnesota.....there's a great mix of talent shared throughout the
land.......it's just too damn early to tell who is the best team in the
nation.....never mind the best conference....Plus injuries can happen along
the way, players can leave teams and a million other things can happen along
the long and winding road leading to Cincy....

Last year, Maine against BU was the final.....but this year it can be
Colorado-Minnesota or Michigan-Western Michigan (that one for you Rodney's
in the world!!!!). Or it can be Vermont-Harvard or maybe it'll be BU-Maine,
again.....

The only thing I hope is that college hockey arguments like these will never
die......KEEP ON FIGHTING FOR YOUR CONFERENCE.......because if you don't
defend it, who will?????

Me.....I'll stick with what I know......Northeastern will make a Final Four
again in my lifetime......I just hope it's not at 50th anniversary of the
Barkan Bash....my heart couldn't take it!!!!!!

Yours in the Bond of Chaos in College Hockey
Jon Barkan

PS "Hockey is a slippery game, played on ice!!" Jack Parker