From:
"Howard M. Quimby" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard M. Quimby
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 10:57:40 -0500
> Just a word of caution for anyone attending the game on Friday versus
> BU...WATCH YOUR STEP!!!

I took a walk around the arena last night with Greg Ambrose and had to chuckle
at the state of the arena.  I kept saying out loud, "This will be done
Friday?"  I'll be interested to see just how much they can get cleaned up
before opening night.  ;)  However, I don't want anyone to be mislead -- This
is a fantastic facility!  The comments I've heard from others who have seen it
border on amazement.  I think the fans and players are going to be extremely
happy in their new home.  And they've got the rest of the week to clean it up.

I have to share the funniest moment of our tour.  For those of you not
familiar with the old Snively Arena, the men's room consisted of 4 urinals, 2
stalls, a sink and paper towel dispenser.  We walked into one of the bathrooms
last night and Greg began to count, 2...5...11...14...  "There are over 4
times as many urinals in this one bathroom than in Snively!"  I pointed out
that the little entry way to the bathroom in which we were standing was itself
bigger than Snively's bathroom.  It was then that I realized UNH Hockey had
entered the "big time"  :)

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425

PS - We even have baby-changing stations for our little Wildcat fans!