From:
Glen Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 02:46:43 -0400
  Judging from questions I have gotten, some individuals are apparently
not subscribed to INFO-HOCKEY-L and so did not receive either instructions
to the HOCKEY-L POLL, nor the results of the PRESEASON POLL.  My sincere
apologies, but I forgot that some subscibers to HOCKEY-L are not subscribed
to INFO-HOCKEY-L.

  In any case, since the results can only be posted to one list, the
HOCKEY-L POLL RESULTS will be posted to INFO-HOCKEY-L only, so if you are
interested in POLL participation, please subscribe to that list also.
  To subscribe:
       mail [log in to unmask]
and in the body put:
       subscribe info-hockey-l

  To get a copy of the POLL instructions:
       mail [log in to unmask]
and in the body, put:
       get pollinst hockey-l

  The regular season poll starts this week.  Your vote for the TOP 15
teams should be sent to me
by midnight each Tuesday starting tonight, October 24.  If you have not
previously submitted a vote, please indicate whether your sympathies lie
more with the Eastern Conferences or the Western Conferences.

  Midnight means YOUR local time - unfair to those in the eastern time
zone, but the alternative is unfair to those in the western time zones.
This is called arbitrary unfairness (sometimes unavoidable; most times
someone is targeting you) - you must be familiar with this fact of life
from what you have seen from others in positions of authority.

  Results will be posted to INFO-HOCKEY-L on Wednesday.

  To avoid incurring the wrath of the gods, all discussion of the poll
should go to HOCKEY-L, not INFO-HOCKEY-L.

  Anyone who wants to see the preseason results can send me a private
message and I will send it to you.

-glen-