From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 00:25:14 -0100
At 12:01 AM 10/23/95, Vijay Saluja wrote:
>Why haven't I seen any scores from any of the hockey games except BGSU
>vs. MSU?  Have they been banned from the list or am I just not getting
>any mail from Hockey-l?

There is a new list, INFO-HOCKEY-L, that has been set up for scores and
other information-only posts.  HOCKEY-L subscribers should also subscribe
to this list to receive such information.  HOCKEY-L is now a
discussion-only list.  You are urged to send all scores, boxes, news, etc.
to INFO-HOCKEY-L now.

To subscribe, send this command to [log in to unmask]:

  subscribe info-hockey-l Your Name

Many people are not sure if they are subscribed to info-hockey-l or not.
You can find out by sending this command to [log in to unmask]:

  query info-hockey-l

You can also do this for any of the other listserv@maine College Hockey Lists.

Please note that hockey-l subscribers at the time of the split (early
August 1995) were *NOT* automatically added to the new list.  You must
subscribe yourself to receive info-hockey-l postings.

I know that many hockey-l subscribers are still not on info-hockey-l, so I
urge you to send the QUERY command if you are unsure of your status.  Note
that you can use QUERY to find out your status without asking me or any of
the other admins.  If you are subscribed, QUERY will also give you a
rundown of the options your subscription is set to - for example, the
manner in which you receive your list postings (mail, nomail, digest,

info-hockey-l has postings archived just as hockey-l does, so you can
access those postings you may have missed in the same manner as with
hockey-l.  Two methods are:

1) By email: send to [log in to unmask] the command

  get info-hockey-l filelist

which will return a list of all of the archive files.  Then send commands
of the form

  get info-hoc log9510c

to receive posts from, for example, the third week of October - Oct 15-21, 1995.

2) By World Wide Web: open the URL

gopher://maine.maine.edu/11//MISCINFO/LSTSERV/Info-Hockey-L

to access the archives directly and then click on "INFO-HOC posting archives".

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93