From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 12:24:49 -0600
jwilson writes:

>     Last week there were a few postings about the Minn. state prep hockey
>     championships.  In a couple of the postings the names of two of the
>     Duluth East players, Pat Spehar and Chris Locker were mentioned.
>
>     It seems to me that someone had said that one or both of these players
>     had already committed to play college hockey at one of the Minnesota
>     schools.
>
>     In today's Wisconsin State Journal, sports section, it said that
>     Wisconsin is a front runner to sign both of them.

Both players, DAVE Spehar and Chris Locker, are juniors at Duluth East.
It's probably a bit early for speculation about where they might play
college hockey.

The most prominent junior in the 1993 state tournament was Jamie
Langenbrunner of Cloquet.  He got signed to a contract by the Winnipeg Jets,
passed up his senior year of high school, and went to play junior hockey in
Canada.  Just goes to show, anything can happen.

-- Erik

GO GOPHERS!
SKI-U-MAH!