From:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 1995 08:48:05 -0500
I thought this weeks HOockey-L poll and poll summary was quite interesting,
from a numbers point of view, [I know, numbers
aren't worth anything when it comes to game time :) ]
However, as was pointed out in this weeks poll summary:

> Again, close agreement among the HOCKEY-L and media polls, which list the
> same top 11 teams, though in slightly shuffled orders:

and...

(missed one line here, essentially the 3 of the computer ratings agreed with
the poll)
> YAM2) have the same top 15 teams that the HOCKEY-L poll does.  Obviously,
> these ratings are statistically accurate :-)

and finally... (see below in case you missed it)
Note that ALL 15 teams are the same and, with two exceptions, are in
essentially the same order.  (The two exceptions being that the computers
don't like BGSU and the people don't like Minn)
What I thought was interesting was that, as the season winds down
there finally seems to be a consensus growing.....Just in time to be shattered
by 1) probably some upsets in the conference tourneys (that's always what
keeps those tourneys interesting, isn't it?) and 2) The 'final 12' ...where the
skates meet the ice...and where the polls don't really mean much anymore.
Here's to conference tourneys and a final 12 that provide the excitement of
some of the regular season conference finishes.
Dave Naghski