From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 14:13:35 EST
>Posted on 21 Feb 1995 at 13:27:19 by Andrew Weise
>
>Re: ECAC and Hobey Baker
>
>> With all respect to Sullivan of Yale and Thomas of UVM, both of whom I think
>> are great goalies, I don't think a goalie has much of a shot of being
>> nominated....
>
>Well, I could be wrong, but wasn't Neil Little a finalist last year? I
>remember his name being talked about all year whenever the Hobey was
>mentioned.

Neil Little was indeed one of the ten finalists, although he didn't have
a particularly strong season. Dwayne Roloson (Lowell), J.P.MacKersie
(Boston University), Geoff Finch (Brown) and Jason Currie (Clarkson)
were the eastern All-Star goalies. Neil Little was ranked sixth in the
ECAC in goals-against average, and fourth in save percentage. He had
been much better as a junior in 1992-93 when, in my opinion, he was
clearly the best goalie in the East.

Luiz F. Valente