From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 00:23:38 EST
With all due respect to Eric Burton, are you really sure you know enough about
the ECAC to make such a commentary?  When you say "Of course BU, I think they
are in the top 10" it's hard to trust your evaluation.

BU has been no worse than top 3 all year.

Also, Yale was the fourth team in the Mariucci, and of course they got
clobbered.  They were playing in a tournament with 3 of the best teams in the
country, no one thought they'd do anything.  They are one of the least talented
teams in the league, outside of two players (maybe) and their goalie.

I highly doubt everyone in the WCHA would beat anyone in the ECAC.  While the
WCHA may be the strongest top to bottom this year, Harvard just went out and
pounded Anchorage twice.  St. Cloud I highly doubt could beat most teams in the
ECAC.  Harvard is no better than Colgate, Vermont or Brown, and I know those
three teams could easily beat the bottom teams in the WCHA, all things being
equal.  The ECAC has a .500 against NCAA Div. I opposition this year.  To put
down Maine because they lost to supposedly weak teams is silly.  They've been
No. 1 most of the year, they are 2-0-2 against BU, and the game they lost to
Princeton, they played well.  Princeton just happened to play better.  Believe
it or not, that is possible.  The second-best team in the conference is
probably Brown, but from them in 2nd down to Cornell in 8th, there is a very
small difference in ability.
   I will reiterate what I have said before.  I am not arguing that the ECAC is
stronger than the other leagues, but it is not NEARLY as weak as people make it
out to be.  Not even CLOSE.

    The "promotion" of Bertagna seems like no big deal.  Unless they made him
full time with the promotion.  Hopefully he will come through on his pledge to
promote the league better.