From:
Antony Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Antony Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 11:41:18 -0500
Last night, I was fortunate enough to be in Boston garden and watch
Blaine Lacher get his first NHL shutout in a 1-0 overtime victory over
the New Jersey Devils.  This was definitely Lacher's finest performance,
as he came up with some BIG saves, including a clear breakaway by Tom
Chorske and a series of marvelous stops on a Devils power play in the
second period, stopping up-close bids by Claude Lemieux, Alexander Semak,
and Tommy Albelin.
So far so good for Lacher.  He is now 3-0 with a 0.67 GAA.  In the middle
of the third period, he took off his mask to take a drink of water and
the Garden faithful gave him a standing ovation!  It is obvious that
Bruins fans have long hungered for the kind of goaltending that Lacher
has shown thus far.  Lets hope that he can handle the pressure of playing
for the Bruins better than his predecessors did.  If there is one thing I
love is seeing ex-college players do well in the pros!
I'd also like to mention that ex-Ferris State All-American defenseman John
Gruden (now on the Bruins) played a very solid game and showed a good
deal of speed.  He kind of reminds me of Don Sweeney.

Tony
GO CRIMSON!!