From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 1995 03:28:31 GMT
Showing why they are a Hockey East cellar dwellar, BC is defeated by the RPI
Engineers 7-2 tonight.  Not much to report, not much of a game.  Bryan Massotta
gets the start, and after allowing a goal on the first Boston College shot,
cruises to a 7-2 win.  I can only echo what many of the Hockey East posters
have previously commented about BC: they need to find a defense to play in front
of Greg Taylor.

Scoring as follows.  Note the RPI scorer seemed to be on hallucinogens, so this
may not be the official version:

1. 1:00 BC Carlson (unassisted)--long slapper that Massotta missed
2. 14:02 Hamelin (Healy, Aldous) Hamelin non-chalantly skates down the left slot
and scores

Second Period
3. 3:16 Healy (o'Connor) a pop-up that hits the top of the net
4. 4:58  BC Brisby (O'Leary)--PPG, Brisby cruises in front of Massotta and
backhands rebound of point shot
5. 14:40 Richardson (Brick) --PPG, Brick, losing his stick, kicks puck to
Richardson skating down the slot who finishes

Third Period
6. 00:27 Clarke (O'Connor) Clarke falls to ice, takes out Taylor, pushes puck
into net
7. 10:17 Healy (Maye, Hamelin)-puck comes in front of net after rebound, Healy
converts
8. 11:55 Regan (Rochon)--short-handed goal Rochon makes a beautiful banked
clearing pass which Regan picks up in stride and converts
9.  16 :55 (?) Hamelin (Regan, Healy) As the Engineers continue to swarm the BC
net, Healy cruises in front of Taylor, and Hamelin scores

Two quick observations.  Freshman Eric Healy is the star of the night.  He
has now convinced me that he knows what to do in front of the net,  Tonight he
always seemed to be in the right spot.  Somehow he manages to camp out in front
of the goaltender, even he doesn't have the typical size you expect in such a
forward.  I believe Healy, with 8 goals, is second only to Richardson, who I
believe has 11.  Healy right now is the best of all the freshman.

Overall, I rate RPI as a good team.  Certainly not ready to move into the upper
echelon, as the Maine game proved, but able to win the games it should win.
I have anxious confidence that they should play OK as the heart of the ECAC
schedule looms.

And a third observation: Massotta seemed more relaxed tonight.  After missing t
the first BC goal he settled in and played a good game.  His play tonight should
give Dan Fridgen the opportunity to spell Tamburro.  Look to see him start
Saturday against Cornell.
Brian Morris                     Go RPI!
[log in to unmask]        Go 'gate!