Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 16:01:05 EST
        I can't believe that there are those on the list who think that
adding fighting would be a positive.   Where are your heads,  folks???
As if the NCAA would ever consider something like that!   Oh,  btw,
they might not know it yet,  but fighting is on its way out in the NHL as
well.   The reason?   TV $$$$$$.

        I thought the comment about the lack of a red line was also interesting.
In order to eliminate the neutral ice trap,  the NHL may have to go that way
as well  --  or at least something similar in form.

        I live in an NHL city and have found that the hitting at UConn
games is often more spirited than at Whalers games.   The reason?   No
multi-million dollar contracts to protect.   Hip checks and squared-up
hitting have all but disappeared from the NHL.

        Finally,  it seems like a no-brainer that the Europeans are the
reason that the college player is drafted less.   Do we really care???
I,  for one,  certainly don't.

        -- Dick Tuthill