From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 12:39:59 -0500
I can't imagine a topic that would be more boring to the majority of
those on H-L than when did RPI use the bullet logo on its uniforms, but I
thought that I better correct an error that I made a couple of hours
ago.

Ralph Baer (me) wrote:

> Ralph Slater asked when RPI used jerseys with the RPI bullet.  I think
> that he is correct that it was the early '80s, but my memory plays
> tricks on me.  I will try to look it up this evening if I remember.
> Paul Vescio stated that in the early '80s RPI used jerseys with a
> diagonal ornate RPI.   I think that these were used in the mid-'80s,
> about the time of the national championship in 1985, but I doubt that
> they were used for more than a year.

I meant to say that they were not used for more than a few years.
Sorry.  Searching through all of the pictures that have somehow found
their way into my office, I can say that RPI was still using the Santa
Claus type uniforms at least through 1969-70.  In 1973-74 RPI was
using uniforms with a large RPI on the front and was using helmets
that would have been more appropriate for a football team.  RPI was
using the ornate-RPI-on-the-diagonal uniform at least from 84-85
through 86-87.  Further investigation will have to wait until the evening.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74