From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 00:53:33 EST
Alan Harder writes:
>I sincerely doubt LSSU (not LSU) can get it together enough by the end
>of the season to be able to get to the finals.  From the CCHA I expect
>one of MSU, UM, or BGSU to get in.  On the other hand, LSSU has
>surprised people in the past, so you never know.

LSSU is already in serious danger of not even getting a bid.  The
Dec11 RPICH posted by Erik had LSSU at 32nd, and we're almost halfway
through the season.  The Lakers have a LOT of ground to make up.  It
can be done, but it will be quite difficult.  It might take a nearly
perfect second half and strong postseason tourney performance.

As for predicting a final four...it's not even worth doing right now,
IMO.  The seedings and matchups have so much to do with it, and those
aren't even close to being determined yet.  After all, Michigan might
have gotten to St Paul last season if their road had not gone through
LSSU.

It is interesting to note that the way things are going, two Colorado
teams, CC and DU, have an inside track on the top 2 West seeds.  I
don't think anyone would have guessed it two years ago.  This is what
makes this game great.