From:
TERRENCE TOY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TERRENCE TOY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 09:37:01 -0700
        I understand that Sue Glatter has resigned her position at the
NCAA to assume another with the athletic department at Baylor University.
I have not been able to reach Sue to confirm this but word comes from a
good source. If true, I view this as a distinct loss to college hockey.
In my extensive experience in dealing with the eligibility office at the
NCAA I found Sue to be highly professional, competent, firm but fair in
administering the bylaws of the association. Perhaps more importantly,
Sue became a student of the sport. She tried to learn as much as possible
about the operation of college hockey in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.

        During my past years working with Sue, she earned my sincere
respect for her diligence and capabilities. She couldn't always tell me
what I wanted to hear but she could always explain why and I knew that
everyone else was getting the same answers. What more could I as for? If
I were still the faculty rep. at D.U. I would be very concerned. It will
be a challenge for the NCAA to find a person to replace her. I wish them
the best of luck.

        To Sue, I know you have earned the opportunity to test new waters
and broaden your experience with intercollegiate athletics. I suspect
that luck will have little to do with your future successes. Take care.