From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 13:20:24 CST
From the Transactions in the St. Paul paper:
NCHA Player of the Week is Bernie Adlys, a center at Bemidji State.

Based on info from the Gophers Notebook in today's St. Paul paper:

ARRRGGGGHH!!  I can't believe they actually held the Gophers/Tigers game off
ESPN because of money.  I thought it was all negotiating posturing.  But I was
wrong. :-(  ESPN has decided not to televise it because the Gophers wanted more
than the $2000 they were offering.  ESPN is still considering carrying the New
Year's Eve final of the Mariucci Classic, gambling that it might be a match-up
between Minnesota and BU (Western Michigan and Yale are the other tourney
entrants).  But I can't see why they would be able to agree to get that game on
TV if they couldn't get this one on.  Unless the Gophs are willing to let 'em
have it for $2000 because MSC isn't planning to carry it anyway...

Reggie Berg (from Anoka and the Des Moines Buccaneers of the USHL) has orally
committed to Minnesota, but he can't sign until Spring because his visit was
after the early signing period ended.

Pam Sweeney                             Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]       1993 & 1994 WCHA Playoff Champions
                                   1994 NC$$ PHinal PHour
Go White Bear Lake Bears!!!              Ski-U-Mah!!!

Minnesota hats off to thee!  To your colors true we shall ever be.
Firm and strong united are we.  Rah! Rah! Rah! for Ski-U-Mah.
Rah!  Rah!  Rah!  Rah!  Rah! for the U of M.