From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 1994 12:32:36 +0000
Saturday, November 19, 1994
Achilles Rink, Schenectady, NY
Non-Division I Game

Elmira   1 0 0 - 1
Union    1 3 3 - 7

Scoring:
1st Period:
1) Elmira, Vasicko 5 (Evans, Fidler) 11:33 (pp)
2) Union, Chris Albert 6 (Holbrough, Will) 18:26 (sh)

2nd Period:
3) Union, Jon Sicinski 1 (Holbrough, Prentice) 10:35
4) Union, Cory Holbrough 3 (Will, Stevens) 17:03 (pp)
5) Union, Holbrough 4, 18:27 (sh)

3rd Period:
6) Union, Andrew Will 3 (Holbrough) 2:54
7) Union, Russ Monteith 4 (Albert, Sicinski) 14:22 (pp)
8) Union, Chris Ford 4 (Stevens) 17:57

Shots on Goal: Elmira 13-5-3--21, Union 5-18-16--39.

Power Play Opportunities: Elmira 1 of 9, Union 2 of 9.

Goalies: Elmira, Musa, 3-1-0, 39 shots, 32 saves.
         Union, Luigi Villa, 2-0-0, 21 shots, 20 saves.

Attendance: 1865/2504

Union beat Elmira, 7-1, in the teams' first meeting since Union moved
up to Division I.  Captain Cory Holbrough had the best game of his
career with 2 goals and 3 assists.

The first period was dominated by the Soaring Eagles.  The Dutchmen
were sloppy and slow and Elmira came out hustling and checking well.
Referee Pierre Belanger also made sure everyone knew who was boss, as
he called most of the 10 penalties that were handed out in the
period.  In fact, it was a 2-man advantage for Elmira when the Soaring
Eagles took a 1-0 lead.  Elmira passed the puck around to break down
Union's 3-man penalty kill and Peter Vasicko scored against a helpless
Luigi Villa.  But that was the only goal Villa would allow despite
facing 13 Elmira shots in the period.  The Dutchmen finally got the
spark they needed when Chris Albert broke in shorthanded, fought off a
slash and got Union a 1-1 tie after the first period.

Well, whatever Coach Delventhal said during the 1st intermission
certainly worked.  The Dutchmen dominated the final 2 periods,
outshooting the Eagles 34-8.  It really could have been much worse, if
not for some heroics by Elmira goalie Bryan Musa.

The win brings Union's overall record to 4-1-1, while Elmira is now
4-3.  Union will now start a 6-game road trip which will bring them to
Harvard, Brown, RPI, Princeton and Minnesota-Duluth.  The next home
game is not until January 6.

| This report and much more information on Union Hockey including schedules,|
| rosters, team photos, and game reports can be found on the World Wide Web |
| at URL http://tardis.union.edu/~terescoj/hockey/hockey.html               |
--
Jim Teresco, Research Assistant, Dept. of Computer Science, SCOREC
E-mail: [log in to unmask], WWW: http://tardis.union.edu/~terescoj/