From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 1994 09:09:05 -0400
I read about the tradition of UND students throwing dead gophers
(and badgers) on to the ice after the first Sioux goal vs Minn.
My big question is: where do they all come from? Is there a gopher
market like a fish market? Is there a gopher section of the supermarket?
One or two I can understand but how many are thrown? I

I mean, the Plattsburgh-tennis ball tradition is a little easier to
understand in this regard. Also, at (AHL) Adirondack games, we continue
the Detroit tradition of throwing an octopus onto the ice after having
clinched the Calder Cup, but this is only one guy with one octopus. Where
do you get dozens/hundreds of dead gophers?

Just curious,
BRI

***
Bri Farenell                                [log in to unmask]
AHL guru-type for rec.sport.hockey, etc.    Clarkson University Class of '95
Go Adirondack Red Wings!                    Glens Falls High Class of '91
U of Arizona football (#6): Go 'Cats!       Forza Napoli!  (Italia Serie A)
This week's #2 rated TV show: Beavis & Bettman (behind only OJ in LA's "Law")